Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Rockafellow Mills Road

I love to get outside and paint on location, en plein air, when the weather is nice. But now that it's cold, and the days are so short, I rarely can get outdoors with my paintbox. (I don't know how Redfield did it.) So, I paint a lot from photographs when it's too cold, or too dark. I do a lot of bicycling in the summer and usually take a camera with me so I have a good library of reference material to work from.

Here's my latest painting, along a road that I cycle quite often. It's named Rockafellows Mill Road, or Rockafellow Mills Road, depending which map you look at. Either way, it's a nice country road between Three Bridges and Flemington, NJ:
Rockafellows Mill Road
"Rockafellows Mill Road"
8x10 oil on board


This one continues my fascination with tree shadows across the roadway, something that I paint quite often.

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    You are a terrific landscape painter. Nice crisp work. Bravo.

    Linda Blondheim
    www.lindablondheim.com

    ReplyDelete