Sunday, June 17, 2007

Green Sergeant's Covered Bridge

Here's one from yesterday. It's the covered bridge near Sergeantsville, NJ - New Jersey's only covered bridge. I've always wondered why New Jersey only has one covered bridge while there are dozens just across the river in Bucks County, Pa. No matter - it was a beautiful day to be out painting. And a nice change from last weekend when I was painting on the Hidden Gardens of Lambertville tour as hundreds of people filed by. While painting the covered bridge, I didn't see a single person. I only heard the cars and bicycles riding across the bridge. And 2 horses clomping by on the road along the creek. It was a bit treacherous standing in the rocky creek bed, but still, it's a very pleasant place to spend a few hours.

"Green Sergeant's Covered Bridge"
11x14 oil on canvas panel

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work here. I really enjoy your demo pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris. I like the work on your website(s) too!

    ReplyDelete