Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finding the Extra in the Ordinary

In the month of September, I'll be having a 2-person show with Carol Sanzalone at the Artists' Gallery. We were brainstorming a name and a theme for our show and Carol found inspiration from an old post called Finding the Extraordinary in the Ordinary in this very blog. Our show will be titled:
Finding the Extra in the Ordinary
A Refreshing Perspective on the World Around Us

and our paintings should demonstrate how we each find so much inspiration in the most ordinary of things. I'll be showing my landscape oils. Carol paints landscapes and still lifes in watercolor and acrylics. The show will have a really good variety of style and subject matter, and each body of work should compliment the other nicely.

The show runs September 7 through 30, 2007
Opening reception is Saturday, Sept 8, from 6 to 9 pm
We'll have an artists' talk on Sunday, Sept 16 at 2 pm

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about the Sunday afternoon artists talk (it was Carol's idea). I'm still trying to think of what I might talk about, but please come out and heckle me - it'll probably do me some good. We'll have pie and soft drinks during the talk. If you prefer wine and cheese, just make sure you're at the Sept 8 opening reception.

I'll write more about the show in a week or 2. In the meantime, I'm finalizing which paintings to hang, and making sure they're properly varnished and framed. Getting ready for a show like this is a lot of work, but I'm not complaining - it's something I really enjoy doing.

The show will be held at:
Artists' Gallery
32 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530
609-397-4588
[map & directions]
Gallery Hours: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

3 comments:

  1. Joe, congratulation's on your up and coming show. It should be a real hit. Carols work... that I found on line, is going to be very nice next to your paintings.

    I am really enjoying your palette knife work. I still recoginize your particular style ... but it seems to take on a new "edge" ... fresh and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee Ha! Congrats, JOe! I'm sure the show will be dy-NO-mite! Clever title, too. I am coveting the piece you have shown here-your colors and shadows are always so amazing. I wish you well at the show...knock em dead with your talk! You'll be great.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nancy and Deb! I'll post a full report either after the opening, or after the artists' talk. In the mean time, I'm still busy trying to get the varnish just right - it's either too glossy or too dull and that drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete