Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cloudscapes and Roadways

Here's a return to one of my favorite subjects - roadways. But instead of quiet country roads, how about a 4 lane divided highway:

"Route 202 Cloudscape"
16x20 oil on canvas

This is a drive I take very often - Route 202 approaching Lambertville, NJ, right before the highway descends into the Delaware River Valley. And needless to say, it's not plein air!

I've been so busy with my shows and other things lately that it's been a while since I've painted, so it was nice to get back into it and I had a lot of fun doing this one. Here are some closeups for the painters out there who like to see brushwork / knifework:



1 comment:

  1. this is awesome...sky and clouds are really hard for me..I just recently painted my first seascape from a photo, and the coluds were harder than the water I thought...you can go to my blog and scroll down to the blog about my paintings if you are interested...don't be to harsh, its a first attempt at that sor of thing!

    ReplyDelete