Friday, May 16, 2008

Awesome!

"May at Round Valley"
11x14 oil on canvas panel

From the spot I painted this, the water was about 20 feet below me on the left. Two kayakers were paddling by and I overheard:
"What's he doing?" he said.
"I think he's painting!" she said, "HEY! Are you painting?"
"Yes!" I replied.
"AWESOME!" she said as she paddled away.

A couple of weeks ago, I was painting along the Raritan River and a canoeist shouted out "Awesome!" when he saw that I was painting. I think paddlers need to expand their vocabulary a bit! Just kidding of course. My brother, John Kazimierczyk, is a pretty well known whitewater racer / boat builder and always seems to hold a national title in one racing class or another. He supports himself by designing and building canoes and kayaks from his home in the wilds of New Hampshire. Now how awesome is that?! If you're in the market for a canoe or kayak, or want whitewater canoing lessons, check out his website Millbrook Boats.

The above painting was done at Round Valley Reservoir, near Lebanon, NJ. It's at a spot just around the bend in this painting I did here last year:
"Pine Tree Trail"
11"x14" oil on linen panel

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    The paddler was right. Your work is looking awesome these days.
    Love,
    Linda
    www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete