Thursday, September 04, 2008

Faces and Places / Selections

The subtitle of this post should be "When It Rains, It Pours!"

It's been a while since I've had a big showing of my work, and now I have 2 shows opening this weekend, another one later this month, and probably 2 more next month. When it rains, it pours!

It seems like we've had a month straight of really beautiful weather, but for my 2 opening receptions this Saturday night, hurricane Hanna is supposed to be blowing through - wind, heavy rain, the usual hurricane remnant stuff. When it rains it pours! But I'm hoping for the best.

Faces and Places

This is my big event for the year, and yesterday I finished hanging paintings for "Faces & Places", my 2-man show with J. Stacy Rogers at the Artists' Gallery. Opening reception is this Saturday, Sept 6 from 6pm to 9pm. The show runs from Sept 5 to Oct 5, 2008.

Artists' Gallery is at 32 Coryell Street, Lambertville, NJ [map & directions]. Gallery hours: every Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-6pm

If you can't make the opening due to bad weather, I'll also be at the gallery all day on Sunday, Sept 7 from 11am - 6pm.

For our 2-person shows at the gallery, each artist gets one wall in the front room. Here's my wall, as I left it yesterday:



Stacy's wall wasn't hung yet when I was there with my camera, but here are 2 of the portraits he'll be showing at Faces & Places. Stacy's main focus is on commissioned portraits and you can find more information about that on his website: J. Stacy Rogers.

"Natalie II"
by J. Stacy Rogers


"Old Salt"
self-portrait by J. Stacy Rogers


Selections


The other show opening this weekend: New Hope Arts invited select artists who have exhibited there over the past year to be part of a group show called "Selections". This show runs from Sept 4 through Sept 28. I'll have 6 paintings in this show and I'll be exhibiting along with a dozen or so other artists. Opening reception is also Saturday, Sept 6 from 7 to 9pm, but I'll be across the river all that evening for my 2-man show at Artists' Gallery.

New Hope Arts is at 2 Stockton Ave, New Hope Pa, on the corner of Stockton & Bridge Streets, 2nd floor [map & directions]. Gallery hours: Thursday thru Sunday, 12 - 5pm, open until 8pm on Saturdays. Here's one of the pieces I'll have in this show:

"Tinicum Park Shadows"
11x14 oil on panel

No comments:

Post a Comment