Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hopewell Shadows

Here's one of my latest works:

Hopewell Shadows, 3pm
"3pm, Hopewell"
16x20 oil on canvas


I was visiting the Hopewell Frame Shop (Hopewell, NJ) where my solo show is still in progress, and this was the scene that presented its self when I walked back out the front door. It's directly across the street, and with the barn just at the point of transitioning from sun to shadow... I ran back to my car to get the camera and did this painting a few days later. As much as I like painting on the spot, this was one where the camera was essential because the shadows were changing even as you watched them.

I'd love to put this painting in the show, but it'll be a while before it's dry enough to leave my house. Maybe Abby will have me back for another show sometime...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful. You've caught the changing shadows perfectly. Great job.

    ReplyDelete