Sunday, June 15, 2008

Garden Walk, Lambertville

"Garden Pathway, Lambertville"
14x11 oil on panel

I have to admit that most of the townscapes I paint are from photographs since I'm much more at home painting in remote places out in the woods. But, just like we did last year, Artists' Gallery members joined up with the Kalmia Club and many of us were out painting on the annual Hidden Gardens of Lambertville tour yesterday. And just like last year, I had a good time talking to all of the people that came to see the gardens. And true to form, I didn't put a single person in my painting, although there were many people out and about yesterday - that's something I really need to work on!

Here I am in action:
photo courtesy John Treichler

Sometime in October, the Artists' Gallery will hold a special exhibition of the paintings we did yesterday, with a portion of the sales going to benefit the Kalmia Club for the charity work that they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment