Thursday, October 01, 2009

Creative Flow

My painting of the Lambertville Boat Club was accepted into "Creative Flow" - a juried exhibition to benefit the Friends of the Delaware Canal, an organization which works hard to restore, preserve and improve the Delaware Canal and its surroundings. The theme of this show is artwork related to life along the Delaware River corridor.

"The Boat Club"
11x14 oil on panel

When I did this painting last year, I had forgotten to bring along the tripod which I need to mount my paintbox on. That really limited the choices of where I could setup to paint because without the tripod, I needed to find something the right height to rest the paintbox on. I was ready to admit defeat and head back home when I spotted a picnic table in a nice shady spot... it made a good place to work from, and that's how I ended up painting the boat club clubhouse.

The show runs Oct 4 - 31
Opening reception: Sunday, Oct 4, 1pm - 4pm
at:

Canal Frame-Crafts Gallery
1093 General Greene Rd.
Washington Crossing, Pa 18977

gallery hours: Tues. thru Sat. 10-5; Thurs. 10-7

No comments:

Post a Comment