Home Paintings Prints About Purchase Newsletter Blog Misc Contact

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wertsville Sunset

"Wertsville Sunset"
11x14 oil on canvas

This is one of my first paintings of the new year, and I think it's the first sunset paintings that I've ever done. Wertsville Road is the route I take to the art towns of Lambertville, Stockton and New Hope. It's a pleasant drive, and I know I shouldn't, but I sometimes take photos out the front window while driving. But only on the straight stretches of road!

I think I've avoided painting sunsets because if not done with right touch, they could turn out to be pretty tacky. Although it's a very dramatic subject, there are a lot of subtleties to deal with. This was a real challenge to paint but I think I'll be doing some more sunsets soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home Paintings Prints About Purchase Newsletter Blog Misc Contact