Sunday, May 02, 2010

Springtime Travels

I had a springtime cold or virus recently, or maybe it was an allergy since the pollen is so bad this spring. I was feeling pretty miserable for about 2 weeks and didn't have the energy to drive anywhere to paint.  And I didn't want to be far from my medicine cabinet!   So one day I wasn't feeling too bad, I took my paintbox across the street and painted "Amwell Valley Clouds", the view from my mailbox:

"Amwell Valley Clouds"
11x14" oil on canvas on board

Once I was feeling a little better, I took the long 2 mile drive to the bottom of the hill I live on, to a nice peaceful spot on the Neshanic River and I painted this one:

"Springtime on the Neshanic"
7x14" oil on board

I'm feeling much better now, but I'm kind of grateful that my illness forced me to have a better look at some of the things right under my nose.   Sometimes it's so easy to overlook the obvious!

No comments:

Post a Comment