Monday, November 07, 2011

Get Lost this November

Beginning 11·11·11

"Get Lost"
a 2-person show with Joe Kazimierczyk and Beatrice Bork

at Artists' Gallery in Lambertville, NJ

November 11 - December 4, 2011
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 12, 5-8pm
Closing Reception:  Sunday, December 4, 2-5pm

Top: "Go With the Flow" by Beatrice Bork
Bottom: "Mercer Park NW" by Joe Kazimierczyk

This month, I'm having a 2-person show with Beatrice Bork at Artists' Gallery in Lambertville, NJ.  I'll be showing my newest work, where I continue to explore the local landscape with an emphasis on skies and cloudscapes.  Beatrice is a very accomplished, award winning animal artist who paints birds and other animals in watercolor - the creatures who inhabit my landscapes but never seem to make it into my paintings.

The show runs November 11 through December 4, 2011.

Opening reception is Saturday, November 12 from 5-8pm at:

Artists' Gallery
18 Bridge Street
Lambertville, NJ
map & directions
Gallery hours: every Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-6pm

"Winter Sunset, Skillman"
by Joe Kazimierczyk
20x30 oil on canvas

Get Lost?  Painting is much more than holding a brush in your hands, it requires a great deal of exploration, observation and discovery.   Through field and forest you explore, discover and be inspired.  You get lost in the moment, tune out your everyday worries and really see what's in front of you.   It's in this "getting lost" where the artwork is born.    Beatrice and I invite you to Get Lost this November at Artists' Gallery!


Over the next few weeks, I'll post some more of the paintings that I have in this show, just so you don't forget about it.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment