Home Paintings Prints About Purchase Newsletter Blog Misc Contact

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Artsbridge Board of Trustees

I've been invited to join the Board of Trustees at Artsbridge, the premier arts organization in the Lambertville / New Hope area. I was honored when the president, Ty Hodanish, asked me to join, but I have to admit that I also had some reservations. Being on the board of a non-profit organization basically means that you're volunteering your time to help run the thing. My main concern was how much time it would involve. Being a member of 2 co-op art galleries already takes up a fair amount of my time but there's a lot of good that I get back from being in those co-ops. So what would the return be for being on the Board? I'm sure it will be interesting to see how an organization like this works. They put on 1 big juried show every year plus some smaller shows. Some of the other board members are artists who I really admire, and maybe working with them will be as rewarding as I've found the co-ops to be. So I've joined the Board and I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Joe! The board is gaining a great supporter & fantastic artist!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

 
Home Paintings Prints About Purchase Newsletter Blog Misc Contact