Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lambertville and the Surrounding Area

I have a painting accepted into the 27th annual juried art exhibition "Lambertville and the Surrounding Area" which is run by the Coryell Gallery in conjunction with the Lambertville Historical Society. This is one of the better juried shows in the region, and it's the first time I'm in this show. As you can guess, entries must be paintings of or near the town of Lambertville. My painting is along the Delaware and Raritan Canal on the northern edge of town. Beyond the canal bridge, you can see the Route 202 bridge where it crosses the Delaware River. I painted this one with the River Rats - an Artsbridge plein-air group I paint with during the summer. I painted this one pretty quickly, but it took forever to think of a title:

Delaware and Raritan Canal and Route 202
"D&R and 202
11x14 oil on board

Opening reception is Sunday, Feb 4 from 3 to 6 pm. The exhibition continues through March 18th. Gallery hours are Wednesday through Sunday, 12 noon - 5 pm. The show is at:

The Coryell Gallery at the Porkyard
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530
[map and directions]

No comments:

Post a Comment